Tuesday, September 30, 2008

My New Gaming PC - A Huge Upgrade

Gamer Tested, Cat Approved


I'm loving it! This is so much better than my laptop. The graphics are great, no lag in Shat or Org. How did I live with one screen before?

I've only had two small problems with the iBUYPOWER Gamer 922TL-I and they are both common for the computer. The first was that the Hard Drive was not plugged in when it arrived from shipping. This seems to almost always happen and is common on the reviews for the computer. Easily fixed. The other issue is that the power cord is a little loose when it plugs into the power supply. There's quite a bit of wobble room. It didn't take long to figure out that the loose power cord was the reason my pc kept shutting itself down and restarting the other night. Now that I've secured that, everything is great.


I didn't show off the tower. It looks pretty cool. I turn off the one extra LED light that sits on the bottom of the case, but it's still very bright. The picture doesn't due it justice at all. It's a very nice looking machine.


General Specs:
Brand iBUYPOWER 
Model Gamer 922TL-I 
Recommended Usage Gaming 
Form Factor Tower 
Processor Intel Core 2 Quad Q9300(2.5GHz) 
Processor Main Features 64 bit Quad-Core Processor 
Cache Per Processor 6MB L2 Cache 
Memory 4GB DDR2 800 
Hard Drive 500GB SATA 
Optical Drive 1 20X DL DVD+/-RW Drive 
Optical Drive 2 16X DVD-ROM 
Graphics NVIDIA GeForce 9800GTX 512MB Video Card 
Audio Realtek ALC662, High-Definition Audio CODEC 
Ethernet Built-in GB Ethernet LAN 
Power Supply 800W 
Operating System Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit 
Software Included MS Office 2007 [60-Day Trial] 
Special Features Nzxt TEMPEST Gaming Tower + Blue Color Lighting
Liquid Cooling System 


I'm running 5 World of Warcraft clients at once. I have the main toon run off core 1, alts 1&2 run off core 2 and alts 3&4 run off core 3. I leave core 0 unhindered for browsing and whatnot. All of my clients are being run out of one WoW directory at the moment and I'm not having any problems with that. I have the 4 alts on the left screen and the main on the right. Since my screen res is an odd size (1440x900) I asked Keyclone to make a new maximizer layout for me and he did! Please note that my settup is the opposite of his since my right screen is 'screen 1' according to windows.

Here's his example screen shot:


This is a repost of an old blog that I have moved to Blogger.

1 comment:

  1. Very cool! I see many sleepless nights in your immediate future...

    ReplyDelete

There was an error in this gadget