Sunday, November 28, 2010

Dress the Part - Jean Pierre

A few small props make a big difference when it comes to getting into character.  Hopefully these items that I use for props and costumes will inspire you to Dress the Part the next time you game. 

Jean Pierre is a French reporter/novelist that has been investigating strange occurances during World War I and shortly thereafter.

I go through a pack of these every game!
Sometimes it helps to have a prop that keeps your hands busy.  It's far more in character to fiddle with a candy cigarette in your hands than man-handle your dice all night.  These sugary snacks are VERY cheap.  I ordered a case online for around $6 plus shipping.  They're very popular with the gamers in the Call of Cthulhu campaign we're playing in a World War I setting.  I'll be ordering our second case before the next game.


Instant French!

Nothing says French citizen like a Beret.  One size fits all, 100% wool and only $5.  That's darn reasonable for a prop that you could actually wear outside of game night.  I just purchased a black beret for the Call of Cthulhu game.  I can't wait for the first time that I get wear it in game.




It never hurts to have a representation of your character's gear.  Jean Pierre is now the proud owner of a mock rifle.  It's actually a marching band rifle.  It's not a real weapon.  This item was a little on the expensive side.  It cost me $40 plus shipping.  The good news though is that many of the games I play in use rifles.  This prop will see lots of use.

No comments:

Post a Comment

There was an error in this gadget